Viruses are constantly changing, so new strains appear on a regular basis, so if we have had the flu in the last season, our body is able to fight that specific strain, so if the current virus is similar to the one we we have already faced (due to illness or vaccination), those antibodies could prevent the infection, or visibly reduce its severity, everything will depend on the virus that we face come winter.
For this reason it is important to continuously, constantly and sincerely visit the Datium platform to collaborate in each stage of the disease. Medicine needs Datium users.
The best way to prevent the flu is to maintain a healthy and balanced diet, with hydration and rest being very important. Some vitamin supplements (for example with vitamin C) can also be of great help, taken within the first few days from the onset of the disease.
That said, the health recommendations indicate the following prevention and control measures to prevent contracting the flu and/or to help prevent the spread of the contagion:
- Annual influenza vaccination is the main method of prevention.
- Wash your hands often, especially important in children, who tend to touch everything and then put their hands in their mouths.
- Do not share objects that may be contaminated such as cutlery, glasses, towels, etc.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of commonly used objects.
- Avoid contact with other sick people.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your forearm or a handkerchief when coughing or sneezing.
- Drink a lot of liquid, even if you don’t feel like it and, especially, if you also have diarrhea.
- Rest enough time at night.
- Ventilate every room in the house daily.
However, at the first symptoms of flu, we advise you to go to the health personnel to be assessed and prescribed the correct treatment to follow.
Likewise, we remind you of the importance of your opinion and experiences, which is why we invite you to participate in our surveys through the DATIUM platform, through which you will obtain multiple benefits through our MDCx Coins currency.